Platform improvements. These were either improved in all the Toshl apps, or on the server (backend) and thus automatically improve all the Toshl apps.
- We greatly improved the reliability of detecting transfers between financial accounts. If you’re interested in how and what you can do to better note transfers, see the transfer matching blog post.
- Detected transfers can also be un-matched into their expense and income constituent parts.
- Semi-automatic bank connections, those that require an input of credentials whenever updating are now more clearly noted. All the apps now show a notice about this when connecting to the bank. A reminder notification to update the data each week is advised.
- Expenses and incomes on automatic accounts can now be manually deleted.
- We’ve increased the date range for which the transactions are available on about 400 bank connections.
- Various minor reliability improvements on bank connections, to avoid duplicates, make sure entire descriptions of transactions are imported, balances show only the current balance instead of the total available etc.
- Planned expenses and incomes now show with dates on the list.
- Customized pins on the location map (lollipops FTW!).
- The “my financial month” setting is now available in the mobile app. With it, you can set your financial month to start on a different date than the calendar month. Tap the red month button in the right drawer to set it.
- Transaction description previews are now shown directly on the expense and income lists.
- Updated the report a bug widget, so it’s easier to report bugs or ask questions about specific data from the web app.
We also worked on major features coming in the future, added tons of other minor improvements and fixes, too numerous too list here. But when it all works well, you’ll know they’re there. 😉